AVP/CFO Accounting Services for Arts & Culture organizations
Purpose of the Job:
The Not-For-Profit Assistant Vice President works directly with clients to maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems ensuring compliance through testing and training, and working directly with top management to create budgets, forecasts, and long-term financial goals.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Oversee and manage government grants as applicable.
- Implement and manage revenue streams affected by ASU606.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximize return, and limit risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain financial staff results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning and monitoring job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Work directly with the board of directors and top management in all financial matters.
Knowledge and Skills:
Managing Processes, Financial Software, Payroll Software, Developing Standards, Accounting, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Grant Management, Developing Budgets, Performance Management, Microsoft, CPA not required but preferred.
- Must have at least 6 years experience in accounting
- Must hold at least a bachelors degree, accounting/finance focus preferred
- Must have experience with nonprofits, specifically Arts and Culture organizations
- Must have experience with federal, state, and city grant compliance
- Must be able to travel to client sites in the City of Chicago. Work remotely from home or from the client site.
About Quatrro Business Support Services (“Quatrro”):
Quatrro is a technology-enabled, cloud-based outsourcing firm to small, mid to large enterprises across industries that’s changing the way companies think about finance and accounting and technology services. They provide world-class teams combined with highly personal service, and a portal that let you see and manage everything online. The trouble with most back-office outsourcing solutions is that they leave you with too many missing pieces – in the client experience, in the work delivered, in the reporting you receive, and more. With smarter systems and over 1,200 specialists in fields ranging from finance to technology services, Quatrro helps you see further, scale smarter and stand stronger. And that’s why we consistently achieve very high customer, and employee, satisfaction ratings. Quatrro. Get More to Go On.