Manager - Medical Billing
Purpose of the Job:
We are seeking a qualified and dedicated medical biller to join the client-facing Not-For-Profit team. Servicing the billing needs of the client including but not limited to: coordinating medical billing with client staff, maintaining billing software, appealing denied claims, and collections. To succeed in this role, you must possess in-depth knowledge of billing software and medical insurance policies, in particular Medicaid. The ideal candidate must also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as communicating with clients and various insurance agents will form a large part of the job. In this position, you will serve as a brand ambassador of Quatrro and help initiate, maintain and develop the relationship as one of the contacts and internal liaisons for the clients within Quatrro.
Basic Function: Strong background in medical billing, specifically Medicare, Medicaid and MCOs, with the skills necessary to improve current billing procedures and reduce A/R days for our clients. The successful applicant will work on a number of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation and exercising judgement within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Educating clients about coverage.
- Posting charges and completion of claims to payers in a timely fashion.
- Convert services to billable units. Submit billing data to insurance providers.
- Work claims and claims denials to ensure maximum reimbursement for services provided.
- Create billing for other contracted services.
- Perform billing reviews and audits.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records (EMR).
- Strong knowledge of working with insurance companies.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
Requirements:Apart from having the required qualifications, there are a few skills or abilities which are required for being a medical biller. Proficiency in the following areas is a must:
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have a good knowledge of insurance guidelines as well as schemes like Medicare, Medicaid and MCOs, other payer requirements, and systems.
- Should be competent enough to use computer systems, software, and calculators.
- Must be familiar with CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) and the latest coding guidelines.
- Should possess good communication skills and must be able to handle and resolve issues of insurance payers.
- Should be comfortable being a part of the team and working in a team environment.
- Should be able to prioritize the tasks and handle multiple situations.
- Should have a problem-solving attitude and be ready to work on resolving discrepancies.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related).
- 2+ years experience as a Medical Biller.
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
- Self-motivated and self-directed; able to work without supervision.
About Quatrro Business Support Services (“Quatrro”):
Quatrro is a technology-enabled, cloud-based outsourcing firm to small, mid to large enterprises across industries that’s changing the way companies think about finance and accounting and technology services. They provide world-class teams combined with highly personal service, and a portal that let you see and manage everything online. The trouble with most back-office outsourcing solutions is that they leave you with too many missing pieces – in the client experience, in the work delivered, in the reporting you receive, and more. With smarter systems and over 1,200 specialists in fields ranging from finance to technology services, Quatrro helps you see further, scale smarter and stand stronger. And that’s why we consistently achieve very high customer, and employee, satisfaction ratings. Quatrro. Get More to Go On.