Senior Accounting Manager
Purpose of the Job:
Provides leadership to the global NFP Operations and Account Management Teams in respective verticals (Human Services, Education, Membership, and Cooperatives) by executing great customer service and meeting all contractual obligations. In addition, continuously improves and transforms processes in order to create value for internal and external clients. Partners with the Business Development/Sales organization in the new customer acquisition process as an Operations subject matter expert and plays a key role in the expansion of existing customer accounts through Same Account Revenue Growth (SARG).
- Execute contractual terms with all clients.
- Renegotiates all contract extensions including pricing along with the Vice President.
- Continuously assesses/evaluates the existing processes for improvement/enhancement.
- Manages ongoing or challenging quality issues across the division, either from client or personnel perspectives.
- Participate with onsite certifications and review quality reports to analyze trends and recommend possible action plans to ensure standards are met or exceeded.
- Works with the internal Finance team to ensure clients are appropriately invoiced.
- Responsible for achieving NFP Run the Business (RTB) P&L for each individual account in your responsible vertical. Demonstrate budgeted margin for all clients within the vertical or actionable plans to achieve desired profitability. Performs monthly projections with the leadership team.
- Responsible for revenue and SARG targets being achieved and proactively drives revenue maximization through the clients. Monitors and tracks SARG opportunities presented and ensure that all clients are contacted. Advises Vice President when circumstances jeopardize the achievement of the revenue and SARG targets.
- Responsible for all operational and personnel decisions to ensure budgeted contract operating margin and contribution are met or exceeded. Advises Vice President when circumstances jeopardize the achievement of the margin and develops alternative plans for corrective action.
- Ensures that revenue enhancement strategies (charging for extra work, collecting postage and other reimbursable, etc.) are implemented.
- Identifies process optimization and cost reduction opportunities in collaboration with the Process Improvement/Quality Team based on client feedback and other relevant data sources.
- Monitors complaints to head off potential client issues and proactively alerts Vice President to initiate recovery actions on top priority.
- Communicates customer service standards to management team and staff, and conducts necessary training to ensure that it is fully understood at all levels of the organization.
- Creates action plans to ensure 100% referenceable clients.
- Achieves controllable client retention and has < 1 client loss per year.
- Performs gap analysis to identify areas where our performance does not meet our standard and establishes action plan by month to eliminate gaps.
- Recommends product/service enhancements to add value to our offerings.
- Performs client reviews (at least 25% of client portfolio per month) (Executive Summary Meetings) with Accountants to ensure Quatrro is delivering world-class service and meeting client SLAs.
- Establishes and executes ongoing client communication plan to ensure we are communicating with our clients and meeting their business needs
- Manage all staff’s work, including staff from other Quatrro divisions if applicable. Conducts monthly scorecard meetings for all direct reports and all employees in the division.
- Manages global resources, processes and systems to ensure customer deliverables meet or exceed promised delivery schedules.
- Compliance with existing laws, contracts, and policies to mitigate any potential risks.
- Continuously assess/evaluates the existing processes for improvement/enhancement as well as process standardization. Creates and maintains seamless, efficient, standardized account management processes that allow the elimination of redundancies, standardization of procedures, and maximization of performance. Ensures the global team uses the various technology resources (NFP-specific tool, QPort, RingCentral, etc.) for service delivery.
- Assists in maintaining relationships with all clients and updates Quatrro management and sales on client issues. Form relationships with Client Leaders and support the Vice President by conducting the Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with the NFP clients on a quarterly basis and reporting back findings to Vice President.
- Individually contribute to sales growth of division (account management-SARG) by supporting and driving their team to sell additional services to clients or bill separately for out-of-scope work.
- Contribute to the growth of vertical business and perform the role as Subject Matter Expert, as applicable, during sales process or leverage others as needed.
- Responsible for the contract terms, scope, price, and approval for new contracts within the vertical.
- Sales–Supports the sales executive in efforts to grow sales with existing customers along with growing the customer base. Maintains operational capability to support new customers in an environment of rapid growth.
- Finance-Works closely with the Finance Team to provide required periodic reporting.
- Technology-Ensure technology is current and equipment and resources are adequately available to produce quality delivery and operational support.
- HR–Ensure staff’s compliance with company policies.
- Third-party Contractors–negotiates with, selects, and manages subcontractors and third-party providers monitors performance and takes corrective action as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
4-year degree in accounting, finance, or business, 7+ years of senior leadership key account management, or client service management experience. Experience working with global delivery organizations. Experience leading diverse, large, high-performing teams. A personable leader who enjoys developing relationships with clients and staff. The high energy level and act as leader and mentor to the team. Ability to empathize and hold staff/self accountable for deliverables. Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to successfully organize deliverables and manage priorities. Strong working knowledge of personal computers, and of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Should have relevant experience in Education/Human Services/Behavioural Health sector from the NFP domain.
Financial leadership within the NFP Accounting Industry. Experience in interpreting and presenting financial statements to a financial board.
MBA. Experience with the Not-For-Profit industry, outsourcing, and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software.
About Quatrro Business Support Services (“Quatrro”):
Quatrro is a technology-enabled, cloud-based outsourcing firm to small, mid to large enterprises across industries that’s changing the way companies think about finance and accounting and technology services. They provide world-class teams combined with highly personal service, and a portal that let you see and manage everything online. The trouble with most back-office outsourcing solutions is that they leave you with too many missing pieces – in the client experience, in the work delivered, in the reporting you receive, and more. With smarter systems and over 1,200 specialists in fields ranging from finance to technology services, Quatrro helps you see further, scale smarter and stand stronger. And that’s why we consistently achieve very high customer, and employee, satisfaction ratings. Quatrro. Get More to Go On.