Desktop Support Engineer
Purpose of the Job:
The Desktop Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting day-to-day desktop support at client sites and via remote access, to support a wide array of customers and their operational and technology needs. This is a great opportunity to be exposed to the latest technologies and solutions from numerous enterprise perspectives, and not just be cubby-holed at a single employer
- Provide day-to-day support for client desktops, laptops, printers, networks, and servers.
- Support our clients’ IT infrastructure both remotely and at customer site(s).
- Work with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Work closely with Managers, Service Coordinators, and other Engineers to meet customer service-level commitments, and provide world-class customer service.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and system issues, on-premise or remote.
- Positively and professionally represent the face of the company with our clients.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows-based networks and endpoint devices.
- Experience with Active Directory, Windows 7/8/10/11, peripheral hardware, and software applications.
- Familiarity with routers, switches, and firewalls as related to troubleshooting endpoint devices.
- Experience installing Windows software, patches, and updates, as well as 3rd party apps and desktop encryption.
- Familiarity with macOS and related Apple devices.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Great attitude and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel to nearby local customer sites as needed.
- Desire to learn and support the latest technologies.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience working in information technology is required.
- A.A. degree or equivalent experience in information systems or a related field preferred.
- Microsoft certification(s) is a definite plus.
About Quatrro Business Support Services (“Quatrro”):
Quatrro is a technology-enabled, cloud-based outsourcing firm to small, mid to large enterprises across industries that’s changing the way companies think about finance and accounting and technology services. They provide world-class teams combined with highly personal service, and a portal that let you see and manage everything online. The trouble with most back-office outsourcing solutions is that they leave you with too many missing pieces – in the client experience, in the work delivered, in the reporting you receive, and more. With smarter systems and over 1,200 specialists in fields ranging from finance to technology services, Quatrro helps you see further, scale smarter and stand stronger. And that’s why we consistently achieve very high customer, and employee, satisfaction ratings. Quatrro. Get More to Go On.